Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nar Sharddaa: Cartel Listening Station Guide

Nar Sharddaa: Cartel Listening Station
and
What to Expect in  Battle




You are in your ship and the game takes you on a pre-determined path but you do have to steer clear of the containers and other ships.

To fire upon enemy ships press the left mouse button for single shots and the right mouse button to fire the missiles. You only have so many missiles so shot wisely. Your protective shield regenerates when you are not firing so don’t fire constantly when there are no ships in front of you. Pressing the space bar makes you barrel roll and that will help dodge enemy fire from cruisers heading towards you and gunners on the ships.

Here is a video of the entire fight. It is not my video I found it on youtube.com. He does make the fight look much easier then it was, who knows this could be his 15th try.








You will fail the mission if you:

  • Run out of time
  • Run out of health
  • Do not complete the mission in the allotted time

To complete the mission you need to:

  • Destroy 12 station turrets
  • Destroy 2 station shield generators
  • Destroy 3 station hangars
  • Destroy 3 station antennae

Bonus Objectives:
  • Destroy 60 enemy fighters

You receive bonus experience if you get this but it does not count against you if you don’t get it.

You can shot the enemy ships with the phasers (left click) and hit the shield generators, hangars and antennae with your missiles (right click). You will fly over the station several times so don’t worry if you miss.




Also, I thought this was difficult when I first tried it without upgrades. After I purchased shielding, extra missiles and all the other level 1 upgrades for my ship it was much easier. To buy all of them it will cost about 7500 credits. It is well worth is as the space battle went quite a lot smoother. So I recommend it. You can buy upgrades in any main city, turn on your vendor search on your M-map and look for “ship vendor”. He is usually located near the docks.





If you don’t complete it on the first try you can try again as many times at it takes. I did it several times before I managed to complete it. I had a blast doing this mission. Pew, pew, pew, pew, pew – shooting rebel scum is F.U.N.!

I have been hearing a lot of negative reviews about the space missions that it is a "tube shooter" meaning you can not fly anywhere you wish. I can see this being something players want and I can see BioWare implementing it in the future. For now, having the ship follow a set path helps me familiarize myself with the controls and my environment. 

What did you think of the first battle? Has the space fighting lived up to your expectations?

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying to try this again now that I have some actual knowledge, I think it'll be a lot of fun. I need to buy some time or learn to need less sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I can help, let me know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete