Friday, January 20, 2012

Trust Me, I'm a Doctor. (Levels 1-15)

Star Wars The Old Republic has been live for 30 days today.
Have you picked a class you like best?
I've played a Smuggler, Consular & Bounty Hunter.



I am writing this blog to share my journey as a Bounty Hunter Mercenary healer. Not everything I do or try to do will be perfect. 
I'm a work in progress. 


Here are the main heal-y skills you will acquire by level 15. I don't do too much healing right now, even in flashpoints or groups. I watch heathpoints to get into the practice of it but I am mostly shooting the heck out of rebel scum.





Combat Support Cylinder (level 14)
While active, Rapid Shots charges your powercell with each use.
Charges increase all damage and healing dealt, up to a maximum of 3% at 30 charges.
In addition, targeting an ally with Rapid Shots will heal the target for 100% of your tech bonus healing.
Only one cylinder can be active at a time.
Cast: 1.5 seconds






Rapid Scan (level 1)
Heals an ally
Uses 25 heat
Cast: 2.5 seconds
That can be reduced to 2 seconds the 2/2 in Med Tech in your talent tree



Supercharged Gas (level 15) is going to be a very valuable button. 
Increasing all damage and healing dealt by 10% for 10 seconds.
Healing Scan: Cooldown reduced by 100%
Cast: Instant
Cooldown: 1 second

Activate Combat Support Cylinder + Rapid Scan + Supercharged Gas when things get scary, it’s a great boost but the buff only lasts for 10 seconds though you can press it again soon.



What fun, I am starting to feel like a healer class now instead of a damage class.
I put talent points in 2/2 Med Pack & 3/3 Hired Muscle. I looked at a few talent trees but I haven’t really studied them. I like to learn as I go. No sense worrying about where you are going to put your 38th talent point at level 15.


When you receive new gear Aim is what you want the most of right now. It will be several levels before you start seeing gear with secondary stats on it.



I play on a PvP server so my talent tree will be a bit different then a PvE server. I’ll be putting talent points into self-preservation as well. At least until duel trees are available or switching trees is an option. I will note the differences and include them in the summary.




Don't forget about Mako, you will get her around level 8. She's a great gunfighter and she will heal you and any party member's within range.  She likes credits, if you answer story questions with. "I'll do it for credits." You gain affection most of the time. 


As a sith, I planned on being bad, deliciously bad. But alas, Mako does not like it when I shot first then kick the answers out of them.


Damn it, she makes me be nice and I dislike her for it. Maybe she should give ME an affection gift. Like candy or something shiny. Oh oh, or a blaster!






Summary:

  • Aim is the only stat you need at this time
  • Use Combat Support Cylinder as often as you can
  • Rapid Scan is the only healing spell you have right now
  • Supercharged Gas for that extra large heal when you really need it
  • 2 talent points in Med Tech
  • 3 talent points in Hired Muscle
  • Uh Oh - Better Get Mako



Be Careful out there and try not to stand in any fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment